Set Up: Deleting a record in cPanel
We strongly recommend using the Zone Editor in cPanel to make any DNS zone record changes.
NOTE: The Zone Editor only allows you to edit the DNS zone records of your addon domains (ie. domains you’ve added onto your hosting account as an addon domain). If you need to make DNS zone record changes for your primary domain name or domain names you have not added to your account as an addon domain, please use the Edit DNS Zone File tool in your Doteasy Member Zone.
- Click on Zone Editor under Domains in cPanel.
- From the Domains table, locate the addon domain name you want to delete a zone file record.
- Click Manage from the Actions column.
- From the Zone Records table, locate the record you want to delete and then click Delete.
- Click Delete to confirm the deletion request.
NOTE: Deleting certain records can make your website inaccessible, prevent email from working properly, or cause other unintended side effects.