Set Up: Adding a SRV record in cPanel
A SRV record provides information about available services on specific ports on your server. In other words, it specifies how a domain handles particular services. For example, you may need to add a SRV record to your domain when configuring a third-party service, such as Microsoft Office 365.
We strongly recommend using the Zone Editor in cPanel to make any DNS zone record changes.
- Click on Zone Editor under Domains in cPanel.
- From the Domains table, locate the addon domain name you want to add an SRV record.
- Click Manage from the Actions column.
- Click Add Record.
- From the Type drop-down menu, select SRV.
- In the Name text field, enter the name for the SRV record.
- In the Record text field, enter the IP address of the SRV record. NOTE: The SRV record must point at a hostname with an A (or AAAA) record. You cannot point an SRV record at a CNAME record.
- When ready, click Add Record.