Set Up: Adding an A record in cPanel
An A Record maps your domain name to an IP address. By default, your addon domain’s A record will point to the IP address of your Doteasy hosting account. However, you can always change this so that the addon domain points to a different IP.
We strongly recommend using the Zone Editor in cPanel to make any DNS zone record changes.
NOTE: The Zone Editor only allows you to edit the DNS zone records of your addon domains (ie. domains you’ve added onto your hosting account as an addon domain). If you need to make DNS zone record changes for your primary domain name or domain names you have not added to your account as an addon domain, please use the Edit DNS Zone File tool in your Doteasy Member Zone.
- Click on Zone Editor under Domains in cPanel.
- From the Domains table, locate the addon domain name you want to add an A record.
- Click + A Record from the Actions column.
- On the Add an A Record window, enter the host name the A records links to in the Name field.
- Enter the IP address that the record should resolve to in the Address field.
- When ready, click Add an A Record.