Set Up: Adding a CNAME record in cPanel
A CNAME Record maps an alias name to a true domain name. CNAME records are typically used to map the subdomains www and ftp. By default, your addon domain’s CNAME records will point to the name of a specific Doteasy server. However, you can always change this so that the addon domain points to a different server.
We strongly recommend using the Zone Editor in cPanel to make any DNS zone record changes.
- Click on Zone Editor under Domains in cPanel.
- From the Domains table, locate the addon domain name you want to add a CNAME record.
- Click + CNAME Record from the Actions column.
- On the Add a CNAME Record window, enter the host name the CNAME records links to in the Name field.
- Enter the domain name that the record should resolve to in the Address field.
- When ready, click Add a CNAME Record.