1. Click on the Add a New Category option under the Categories & Products menu, as shown in the figure below.
2. The Category (Insert) page opens.
3. To add a parent category, highlight Category Root, as shown in the figure below. If you want to assign a child category, highlight the category tou want the new category to appear under.
4. Category Properties. Enter the following information:
a) Category Name
b) Category Key - this is used for bulk uploading of products with the bulk loader feature
c) Meta Keywords
d) Is Category Visible to Users
e) List Subcategories on Catalog Page
Note: All categories at the same level in catalog tree are sorted by priority. Categories with the same priority are sorted alphabetically.
5. Category Description. Enter a description for the category. You can enter an HTML-enriched category description by clicking on the Edit HTML Online link.
6. Category Image. Click on the Browse button to locate the image you wish to use as the Category Image. The image must be in JPG, PNG, or GIF format.
7. When you are ready, click on the Save changes button to save the details about the category. You will get a confirmation message that the new category has been successfully created.