Transferring your domain to Doteasy
A 1-year free new domain name registration is included in all Doteasy web hosting plans. However, you are certainly not required to register a new domain name with us. For example, if you already have an existing domain name, you can opt for a Transfer Hosting account.
You may host any domain with Doteasy by simply signing up for a Transfer Hosting account and pointing the name servers to us.
NOTE: Pointing the name servers to Doteasy will not automatically transfer the domain registration.
Should I transfer my domain to Doteasy?
While you don’t have to, you should consider transferring your domain to Doteasy because:
- Consolidated management - upon successful transfer, you can manage both your hosting and domain registration from your Doteasy Member Zone, one dashboard, one set of logins.
- Domain Privacy Protection and Domain Locking – included free with all .com, .net. and .org domain names registered with Doteasy
- You keep all the time left on your current registration – in fact, when you transfer your domain to Doteasy, a 1-year term is added on to your current registration
- Risk-free – if your transfer should fail to go through, we will issue you a full refund on the domain transfer fee
Before starting the transfer
To ensure successful transfer of your domain to Doteasy, please follow these steps:
- Contact your current registrar (where you bought the domain) to unlock the domain and retrieve the EPP or Authorization code.
- Make sure the WHOIS contact information is correct as you will be required to reply to a confirmation request sent to the email address listed. If there is domain privacy in place, please turn off the feature.
Transfer your domain during signup
Follow these steps to transfer your domain to Doteasy during the signup process:
- Select Use your own domain name on the Doteasy signup form.
- Enter the domain name you want to transfer to Doteasy.
- Select Yes, transfer domain to Doteasy.
Transfer your domain after signup
If you weren’t able to transfer your domain during the signup process, you can initiate a transfer request through your Doteasy Member Zone.
- Login to your Doteasy Member Zone.
- Under Domain Settings, click Transfer Domain to Doteasy.
- Read the information provided and follow the steps as instructed.
- A domain transfer authorization request will be sent via email to the administrative contact listed for your domain name. You will need to reply to the authorization request with your domain AUTH code.
Things to keep in mind when transferring your domain
- ICANN policy does not allow a domain name to be transferred within 60 days of registration or renewal.
- The domain transfer process takes 5-10 days once initiated. If the domain name should expire during this time frame, the transfer will be aborted.
- ICANN requires a 1-year extension to the domain’s current expiration date. The cost for it will be the current a 1-year domain renewal rate for that domain extension.