Setting up your first database with MySQL Database Wizard
MySQL databases are required by many web applications including forums, content management systems, shopping carts and other. To use a database, you will need to create it. We strongly recommend using the MySQL Database Wizard to create your first database and user.
To setup a database:
- Click on MySQL Database Wizard under Databases in cPanel.
- In the New Database text box, enter a name for the database. When ready, click Next Step.
- In the Username text box, enter a name for the user who you wish to allow to manage the database.
- Enter and confirm the new password in the appropriate text boxes.
- When ready, click Create User.
- On the next page, you can assign privileges for the user to the database. Select the checkboxes that correspond to the privileges that you want to grant the user, or select All Privileges.
- When ready, click Next Step.
That’s it! Your MySQL database has been set up and the new user added to the database.