Adding an A record
An A Record maps your domain name to an IP address. By default, your addon domain’s A record will point to the IP address of your Doteasy hosting account. However, you can always change this so that the addon domain points to a different IP.
We strongly recommend using the Zone Editor in cPanel to make any DNS zone record changes.
- Click on Zone Editor under Domains in cPanel.
- From the Domains table, locate the addon domain name you want to add an A record.
- Click + A Record from the Actions column.
- On the Add an A Record window, enter the host name the A records links to in the Name field.
- Enter the IP address that the record should resolve to in the Address field.
- When ready, click Add an A Record.